Monday, October 22, 2012

California Grown: A Monster Crochet Revival Story

If am hooked (pun intended) on anything above all else, it has to be crocheted vegetables (and fruit)! After all, I began my blogging career by sharing my love of creating sinister veggies with you all in 2005. Although my imagery might have evolved a bit since then, I still love a nice piece of crocheted produce...

Avocado Brooch

Enter the life-size avocado brooch. Oh, and it also sports a three-dimensional pit! 

This California grown (read = crocheted) creation looks quite fetching affixed to one's lapel. So much so that as it happens, I am wearing one of these green lovelies today. Let me just say that many a co-worker has commented on my big green crocheted jewel as I strut on by, "Nice avocado."

Avocado Brooch

They're just jealous. But really, there's no need for them to feel so green, as I am listing a few of these fantabulous brooches in my formerly defunct Etsy store, Monster Crochet. Yes, it's alive! Oh, I have lots of plans for my little corner of the interwebs. Don't you worry! This here avocado? It's just the beginning... 

There will be lots of jewelry, accessories, patterns and handspun...Oh my! I'm sooo excited!

2 comments: